Tuesday, July 8, 2014

It's Haul Time with Tea!

Yes! I got dibs on the first post of this Magnificent Blog! Whoop whoop!
Okay, I was supposed to write this post about 2 weeks ago (darn procrastination!). Anyways, here I am with a HAUL BLOG! I work part-time at this awesome bookstore that sells used and new items. It feels like every week there is some awesomely great sale going on. Well, the Saturday I decided to go in (my day off) they were having a grand sale, ALL USED ITEMS $2.99! That is right, $2.99! So you know what I did, I grabbed up $10 in coins and took my happy butt to the store! And yes, paying in quarters was totally worth it for this sale :)
With my change in hand, I picked up two art books (one of them still new in plastic but technically used) and the newest Beyoncé CD (edited for my ears, of course).





So here is what I bought and my thoughts:
Damn Good (priced at $8)- This is an awesome book full of Graphic Designers’ favorite projects. It offers much inspiration and is a great reference when trying to execute your own project. This is truly a “Damn Good” book for those who enjoy graphic design. Rating 4.5/5
The 3D Art Book (priced at $13-$17)- This is the new book I was talking about. It still had the wrapping on in and it includes a pair 3D glasses; which makes it a perfect book to look through with your bestie on a rainy day. It has some cute, as well as creepy, illustrations. Tristan Eaton did a great job putting together this book. Makes me want to do my own 3D art. Rating: 4/5
BeyoncĂ© CD/DVD (priced at $10)- I do not think I listened to this whole CD. I mean, I heard the whole CD, but it was more like background noise. I keep playing Flawless (which is not as intense without the word B*tches being dropped; but it is still solid even when censored). Another song that I like is the one dedicated to her daughter, Blue Ivy. I feel like this CD is a memoir of Ms. Knowles private life (something that I was not ready to hear). I mean, I am not one who is into celebrity news. I don’t know who’s doing what with whom because I have my mind elsewhere. If I had to give this CD a rating, it would be a 3/5. It’s not an awful album and, in my opinion, it’s not her greatest album. I think it ties with her first album (Dangerously in Love winning by a sliver).

◊ Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment